Here is a step-by-step tutorial on importing your blog to your LinkedIn profile. I have included screen shots for those of you (like me) who are highly visual.
- Log into LinkedIn and go to the “edit profile” section.
- Scroll down and click on the “Add Application” link next to “Applications”
- Find the “Blog Link” application, by SixApart. Click on it.
On the right of the next screen, check the two boxes:
- Display on my profile
- Display on LinkedIn homepage
- Click “Add Application”
- Click on the “By Me” tab
- From here, Linked In will scour the links on your profile and grab the RSS feed from your blog and show them to you once they find them.
- View your profile.
- Scroll down until you see the “Blog Link” icon.
- Truncated versions of your blog posts will be there!
Clicking on the post title and the “read more” will send readers right to your blog.
Now you have more exposure for your blog AND proof to your LinkedIn community that you really ARE the area expert.