Part of blogging is proving that YOU are the area or niche expert. Proving that you ARE the expert of an area sets you apart from all the other real estate agents.
However, sometimes the task of proving that you ARE the expert can be a bit daunting. We ALL get Writer’s Block!
How am I going to do ONE post that incorporates EVERYTHING about my area just to prove that I am the expert?
Well, you don’t have to. In fact, you shouldn’t. Do a bunch of smaller posts instead. This does 2 things:
- Keeps your brain from melting. Brain matter oozing out of your ears is not a good way to get repeat business. (And it is just plain gross, anyway.)
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Understanding that you can do this in small chunks will motivate you to actually DO it.
- Your readers do NOT want to read ONE HUGE MEGA post. (Yawn!) They would rather understand that they can return time after time to read a little something new … Now you have built readership!
So, now that you understand that you do not have to do it ALL AT ONCE, you may be asking,
Where are these “small chunks” that I should be writing about?
I HAVE my elephant, so where do I start?
In my quest to offer the One-Post Cure-all for Writer’s Blog-ck, here are some posts that will give you a great idea of where to start:
Dr. Mariana Wagner’s OWN Writer’s Block Concoctions:
- The Blog Fodder – Random Blog Content Ideas Inspired by The Godfather (the movie)
- The Blog Fodder II – Random Blog Ideas Inspired By The Godfather II (the movie)
- The Blog Fodder III – Random Blog Content Ideas Inspired By The Godfather III (the movie)
- An Alphabet of Localism Post Ideas (A-D)
- An Alphabet of Localism Post Ideas (E-H)
- An Alphabet of Localism Post Ideas (I-M)
- An Alphabet of Localism Post Ideas (N-R)
- An Alphabet of Localism Post Ideas (S)
- An Alphabet of Localism Post Ideas (T-Z)
- Breaking Writer’s Blog-ck … Local Content Ideas for Your Blog
Other Posts of Interest regarding Effective Blogging:
- When the well runs dry – Ines Hegedus-Garcia (of MIAMISM.com)
- What To Include In A Neighborhood Profile (Localism Ideas) – Mariana Wagner
- A Year’s Worth of Real Estate Blog Ideas – RSS Pieces
- ANYTHING by Kristal Kaft
- Writing Tips: I’ve got Writer’s Block, Now What? – Barry Hurd
- How to Overcome Active Rain Writer’s Block! – Andrew Lenza
- 101 Real Estate Blog Ideas – Theresa Boardman on the “Tomato”
- Best Resources for Real Estate Blog Content – Carolyn Nelson
- What should I write next? The Ultimate Guide to Ideas for Your Next Blog – Angie Vandenbergh
- Sarah Cooper is another Lady that ALWAYS has some great Anti-Writer’s Block Ideas …
- Leave Me A Trail Of Breadcrumbs – Sarah Cooper
- Writer’s Block? Noooooo!! – Sarah Cooper
- No Writer’s Block Allowed Here! – Sarah Cooper
- Localism Brainstorming Review – Sarah Cooper
Examples of High-Powered and Inspirational Real Estate Bloggers:
- Ann Cummings – (Queen of Portsmouth). Her Portsmouth AT HOME Series is awesome!
- Ines and Rick – (Okay, not Rick …) MIAMISM, Baby!
- Lenn Harley – Any and Everything about Rockville Maryland…
- Laurie Manny – Long Beach’s BEST local voice
- Jeff Dowler – Everything Carlsbad …
- Maggie Dokic – Miami Redlands Info.
- Dena Stevens – Check out THIS strange Place! … (updated with new link)
- Broker Bryant – When in doubt, write about your life as a Realtor®!
[To understand the background for the title of this post, please read John Novak’s comment in THIS post.]
Posted By: Mariana Wagner – Keller Williams Realty – Broker Associate
Blog Coach and Real Estate Technology Trainer