We are all real estate professionals FIRST and bloggers somewhere down the list after that, right? (Read: Are You Married to the Blogosphere?) Even the most Bloggiest (yes, I made that term up) of Real Estate Agents have to run their real estate business before blogging.
So, what happens when you are SO busy being an agent that you don’t have time to blog?
Answer: Get yourself some guests to write content for your blog.
A guest writer/blogger does 3 great things:
- Having someone guest-post on your blog adds content to your blog when you don’t have time to add any yourself.
- A guest adds a different perspective to your blog.
A guest-blogger will usually love the opportunity to either:
- Market their services on your blog (local lender, title company, appraiser, inspector…) = guest writer, or
- Get some “link-love” from your website to their blog and/or website = guest blogger
Here are some examples of blog owners who have leveraged their blogging time with guest writers:
- Colorado Springs Mortgage Insight: Reverse Mortgages – Colorado Springs Real Estate Blog
- Vacant Homes and Homeowners’ Insurance – Charlottesville/Central Virginia Real Estate blog
- Layman’s Information on H.R. 3221- Foreclosure Prevention Act of 2008 – Simi Valley Real Estate Research & Home Information
- Downtown Long Beach-Belmont Shore-Parking Solutions-Long Beach California – Long Beach Real Estate Blog
Here are some examples of blog owners who have leveraged their blogging time with guest bloggers:
- Top 5 Tips for Selling Your Home in a Down Market – Miami Real Estate Blog
- Top 7 Things to Consider When Buying a Loft or Condo in Colorado Springs by Gretchen Faber – Colorado Springs Real Estate Blog (again)
- Feng Shui Influences How Bay Area Houses Are Priced – Long Beach Real Estate Blog
If you would like to be a Guest Blogger on someone else’s blog, then read: How to Be a Good Guest Blogger by ProBlogger
Posted By: Mariana Wagner – Colorado Springs Real Estate Agent – Keller Williams Tech/Blog Coach